Wednesday 25 January 2012

Lana Del Ray - Blue Jeans Live BBC Radio 6



I'm a bit late to the Lana Del Ray party but over the past month or so she has really blown up on the web.

There has been a lot of comment about Ms Del Ray. Plastic surgery, collagen lips, manufactured image etc etc but I don't really care much about that.

I heard her latest single Blue Jeans earlier this month after a performance on SNL. She receieved a look of flack for less than stellar vocals and a lot of blogs accused her of just being a studio singer with no real vocal chops.

This week she performed as part of a BBC Radio 6 Live show and she blew me away. I can't think of any mainstream artist who is doing what she's doing at the moment. She has a unique sound, very moody, restrained vocals and production (which is refreshing after the constant barrage of four to the floor style beats we have been enduring from chart radio).

I think she has a bright future ahead of her and I look forward to hearing her new album when it's released this quarter. One things for sure, she can certainly cut it live.

No comments:

Post a Comment